Thursday, March 17, 2011

THROWBACK THURSDAY

Happy Thursday!!
Its time for another Throwback Thursday, we could use any older cartridge our choice. I choose a couple of the Imagine cartridges, Base Camp and one of the newest stamp set So Grateful For You. The card I made was with my sister in mind. There is a little story behind this card on why I made it. Yesterday was not a good day for me, my sister beloved Yorkie Ozzy had passed away Tuesday night while she held him. He had a enlarged heart he was probably 15 years old. She had found him back in 2001 when she had taken him to the vet they said he was probably 4 or 5 years old. She loved him so much. She had taken him to the vet this past Sunday because he was not doing good. But the vet kept him for a little while said he was doing better and gave her medicine for him she would be able to take him home, to continue to give him his medicine. I talked to her on Tuesday she said he was doing well as could expected for his condition. Later that night he passed, I woke up Wednesday morning to get ready for work checking my email, she had emailed me he had passed. My heart broke for my sister and tears rolled down my face. I got a call from her 30 minutes later. We cried on the phone together, I felt so helpless I could not hold my sister to console her, since my sister lives in Las Vegas and I am here in Tennessee. This challenge was geared toward the passing of my sister best friend.

I am sorry to have got off track but I just wanted to explain my card.
Well back to the challenge we were to use any older cartridge, and it must have green for St. Patty Day, and I used the newest stamp set by Miss Emma
here is my card I made, I hope you like it.

Supplies
So Grateful For You Stamp set
Base Camp, Imagine Carts Better Toghether, Imagine More Cartridges
Gypsy
Craft Card Stock Paper Trey Ink
Recollections Round Gems
Ribbon
Small Heart Punch Martha Stewart

Thank You for stopping by and visiting and for letting me share.
here is a picture of Ozzy he was so lovable he was like a little teddy bear








7 comments:

  1. Oh Vicky, I'm so SORRY to hear about the loss of your sisters sweet dog. They become a part of the family don't they? This card is about the sweetest thing. I think it will mean A LOT to her. HUGS- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Vicky! I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's dog. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your sister's loss. I love my furry baby and I would just be heartbroken. Love your card it is very sweet especially knowing what your sis is going through. TFS Cathie www.creativecutter.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vicky! That is sooo sad and I'm sooo sorry for you and your sister. Our pets are more than just pets they are family so I completely get it. We have a miniature pomperian and we have had him now for 10 years and he's just spoiled rotten. I love your card and I'm sure your sister will to. Big hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vicky sorry about your sisters dog thats just so sad.I must say though your card is so pretty and it's so sweet I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card Vicky. Its sad i lost a little dog who we had for 8 years. That dog love us so much and we him. My cats even grieved for him cause they had all grew up together. They would go to the place where he layed down and died and would sit there and meow and meow. So I know how your sister and you feel. Hugssss. Victoria :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your sister's loss. As I read your post, I started to tear up as well. This time of year is really hard for me because I lost my beloved Abby five years aglo on March 2nd. Your card was perfect for the occasion. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete

pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest